Follow us on Facebook for the most up to date information on upcoming events and presentations!
- May 2018 – Present 5-year study results at SOMEMMA (National Marine Mammal Science Conference) in Tabasco
- May 2018 – Planning trip for Fishermen’s learning Exchange in Baja
- January – March 2018 – 300 hour whale survey
- September 2017 – Scientific Advisory and Project Partner Meetings – Mexico City
- 22-28 October 2017–Society for Marine Mammalogy Biennial Conference – Halifax, Nova Scotia
Project work to be presented in Halifax:
Marine mammal monitoring in the Southwest Pacific state of Guerrero, México. Andrea J. García Chávez, Terra Hanks, John Calambokidis, Elana Dobson, Luis Medrano González and Katherina Audley
Site fidelity and association patterns in rough toothed dolphins in the Southwest Pacific state of Guerrero, Mexico. Victoria Pouey Santalou, Katherina Audley
Behavioral responses of marine mammals to drones. Eric A Ramos, Brigid Maloney, Nataly Castelblanco-Martínez, Iain Kerr,Andy Rogan,Katherina Audley, Marcelo Magnasco, Diana Reiss.
Migratory destinations of humpback whales that feed along the US West Coast: Implications for management under the newly recognized Distinct Population Segments. Gretchen H. Steiger, John Calambokidis, Paul Wade, Katherina Audley, C. Scott Baker.
- November 2017 – Presentations for Hotel and Tourism Professionals in Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo and Playa Blanca
- November 2017 – Zumba para las Ballenas Fundraiser. Ixtapa
- January 3–March 15, 2018: Season Five!
- 2018: January 26 – February 2 – Oceanic Society Volunteer Vacation Expedition
Hop onboard this Volunteer Vacation and come play marine biologist with us! Secure your spot here